Proud Mother Scheme
Whereas, with the view to enhance the fertility rate in the State of Sikkim, the State Government has deemed it expedient to implement the “Proud Mother” Scheme.
Now, therefore in order to achieve the above objectives, the State Government is hereby pleased to notify “Proud Mother” Scheme with the following grants under the following terms and conditions:-
- Rs 7,000/- (Seven thousand only) at the birth of the first living child
- Rs 10,000/- (Ten thousand only) at the birth of the second living child
- Rs 500/- (Five hundred only) per month for six years
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All women of Sikkimese origin by birth possessing Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of Identification as the case may be or by virtue of marriage to a person of Sikkimese origin. The regular Government of Sikkim employees belonging to group C & D can avail this benefit as special allowance as per the Sikkim Government Amended Financial Rules.
- All 1st live birth (both male/female), born to a women of Sikkimese origin by birth possessing Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of Identification as the case may be or by virtue of marriage to a Sikkimese.
- All 2nd live birth (both male/female) born to a women of Sikkimese origin by birth possessing Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of Identification as the case may be or by virtue of marriage to a Sikkimese.
- All Pregnant women aged 18 years and above having delivery at a health facility (public or private) within the State having completed 4 (four) Ante Natal Checkup (ANC), desirable.
- The new born must have birth registered with Civil Birth Registration (CBR) of the State within twenty one (21) days of delivery and must complete primary immunization.
- Beneficiaries belonging to Class I and IA contractors, person having more than five hectares of land and regular Government of Sikkim Employees belonging to group A & B are excluded from this scheme.
- No incentive will be provided for third or more children.
IMPLEMENTATION OF SCHEME AND SCRUTINIZATION OF DOCUMENTS
- The beneficiaries to be registered compulsorily with Mother and Child Health (MCH) clinic under Reproductive Child Health (RCH) portal and should have completed 4 (four) Ante Natal Checkup (ANC).
- All the newborn must be registered under current birth registration and must have complete primary immunization by 12 months to continue to receive the benefit up to 72 months.
- Institutional delivery of the pregnant mothers to be ensured by tracking them through Reproductive Child Health / Health Management and Information System (HMIS) portal and the data based to be maintained up to 6 years.
- All Documents like Sikkim Subject Certificate or Certificate of Identification to be verified and screened during Ante Natal Check up period by MCH clinic incharge.
- Computerised data base of the beneficiaries to be maintained in the “Proud Mother” Scheme software at the district and state level up to six years.
- Districts to ensure reporting to head quarter on monthly basis and quarterly review to be conducted at the state level.
- Payment will be purely on Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode and beneficiaries must have Bank Account and Aadhar Card Number. The District Account Officer will be responsible for maintaining detail account and data of the beneficiaries upto 6 years.
- District Reproductive and Child Health Officers (DRCHOs) to be designated as Nodal Officer for this scheme and they will be responsible for supervision and monitoring of this scheme under Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) of respective district.
- Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA), Anganwadi Worker (AWW), Village Health Sanitation and Nutrition committee (VHSNC) and Panchayati Raj Institution (PRI) and Urban local bodies to ensure the pregnant women and new born fulfilling the eligibility criteria registered under the scheme. They shall also create awareness generations among the masses during Village Health and Nutrition Sanitation Committee (VHNSC) meets
- Additional Director/RCH, Nodal Officer at State level will work under the supervision of Mission Director/ National Health Mission.